All Domestic LPG Bulk Tank Storage Tanks should now be fully compliant with the Industry Codes of Practice for Fixed Bulk Tank Installations.
The area around your tank (Above Ground or Below Ground) and to a distance of 1m, must be free of all screening, debris and overgrown vegetation. A line of sight must also be maintained between the vessel and the tanker to ensure the continued safe delivery of LPG to your home.
Home Bulk LPG storage tanks with a gas capacity of 1200 litres (1410 water capacity) or 2000 litres (2400 water Capacity) must also be located at least 3m from all buildings, boundaries and any source of fixed ignition.
A fire-wall, also known as a blast-wall can be present on one or even two sides of the tank with a separation distance of 1m to 1.5m from the tank.
Home Bulk Tank LPG delivery is normally made by way of a industry standard mini-bulker with a width of 2.6m (8’6”) requiring a minimum gateway width of 2.75m and a minimum access road width of 3m.
Vessels must not be sited directly beneath electric power cables and where the voltage is below 1kV the tank must be sited 1.5 metres from a plane drawn vertically downwards from the power cable. For cables operating at a voltage of 1kV or greater the distance should be increased to 10 metres.
- 1m from all screening, bushes and small trees but with no overhanging branches
- 3m from all buildings (including sheds and greenhouses), boundaries, open drains and any fixed sources of ignition
- 1m to 1.5m from a fire-wall, located on one or two sides of the tank only
- 10m from all electricity cables greater than 1kv and 1.5m from cables less than 1kv
- Direct Line of sight from the tanker to the tank
- Maximum distance from tanker to the tank is 35m
Screening. There are many screening options, the most common being:
- Panel, lattice or ranch type screening may be present on upto 2 sides of the tank but no closer than 1m from the tank
- Hedging may be present along one or two sides of the tank but no closer than 1m
Should you have any questions in relation to the location and suitability of your Home Bulk Tank LPG installation please call or email us at any time.
You can also send a photograph of your Home Bulk Tank Installation to firstname.lastname@example.org